Prom season is finally here! That’s right ladies and gentlemen, it’s almost time for the big night! At Tan Unique, we want to help you get ready for your prom. It’s never too early to start shopping and we have everything you need to spend your prom night looking spectacular!
Let us help prepare you for the ultimate prom experience with a few helpful tips on tanning!
Get A Spray Tan!
Even if you’ve never tanned before, a spray tan will give you glowing bronzed skin in just one session! Get the natural look with our heated VersaSpa Pro Sunless Tanning Booth! Spray tan booths give you absolute control of your tan, and with the VersaSpa Pro’s advanced skin care system you can choose between your desired color level from Glow, Light, Medium, or Dark.
Tips for spray tanning:
· The best time to get a spray tan would be 1-2 days before your prom. This will allow time for your tan to be fully developed, about 12-24 hours after your session. The VersaSpa Pro delivers a tan that lasts up to 5 to 7 days, so on the day of prom your skin color will still be as vibrant as ever!
· Make sure to use barrier cream on your nails before you enter the spray tanning booth! This will protect them from discoloration.
· Don’t moisturize for at least 3 hours prior to your session and 6 hours after, for best results. Most body lotions create a barrier that interferes with the spray tanning process. The VersaSpa Pro Booth offers custom full-body moisturizing treatments during the session.
· Make sure to bring dark, loose fitting clothing to wear after your session! Restrictive clothes can cut streaky tan lines into your skin.
Use Self-Tanning Products!
Self-tanning products are a great way to get quick results! Our VersaSpa Beyond Self-Taning products are infused with marine algae to rejuvenate, firm, and detoxify your skin. Apply our VersaSpa Bronzing Mist the day before prom for a radiantly bronze tan!
(Pic Credit: spray-tan-tips.com)
Here are some tips for self-tanning:
· Don’t wait to test out your self-tanner! Make sure it’s the right fit for you well before the day of prom.
· Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Before you apply the tanner, exfoliate your skin with a loofah and body scrub until it’s soft and smooth to the touch. Exfoliation gets rid of dead skin cells and opens up your pores, which will help you absorb the tanning solution better. (Pro Tip: sugar scrub is the best thing for silky smooth skin.)
· Moisturize your skin with a rich moisturizer before applying any self-tanning products. Dry skin tends to color darker and faster than other parts of the skin. So make sure to look for dry areas (like those around the elbows, knees, and ankles) so that your tan will come out even. Although moisture is important, You still don't want to be wearing moisturizer, while using self tanner, until after it is fully developed.
· When using self-tanner, you want your tan to look as natural as possible. Avoid getting color on the palms of your hands, between your fingers, the bottom of your feet, and underarms!
· Apply self-tanner to your face sparingly. Especially around your hairline! You don’t want your face to get darker than the rest of you, or it’ll look like you’re wearing a tan mask. Yikes!
Use A Tanning Bed!
You can never go wrong with tanning beds! If you have the time to build up to your ideal bronze glow, then you should definitely use a tanning bed to prepare for your prom. Tanning beds require multiple sessions, so there are no ugly surprises for your big day!
Tips for using tanning beds:
· You should start tanning at least 2-3 weeks before prom. You’ll see a noticeable difference in your skin tone in as little as 3 sessions, and it’s advised you wait 48 hours between sessions.
· Exfoliate. It does wonders for your skin and opens up your pores so your tanning lotion can give you a deeper, longer-lasting tan.
· Tanning lotion matters! You should only use indoor tanning lotion for tanning beds. Indoor lotions are specially formulated to react better with the amount of UV light tanning beds produce. A quality lotion can increase your tan up to 60%!
· Do not burn! Avoid peeling in your prom dress/suit. Whatever you do, don’t stay in the bed longer than you should. Your first tanning session should last 5-7 minutes, before gradually working your way up.
Get the ultimate prom experience at Tan Unique! Call us at 479-785-1185 to set up an appointment or come visit us today. And don’t forget to check our beautiful jewelry and shoe selection, right next door at Unique Boutique!