Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to look your best than that beautiful glow? Whether you are single or have a significant other, who doesn’t want to look their best this time of year?
These bitterly cold days can do a number on your skin. The blustery cold wind and temperatures will dry and dull your skin, and then adding the dry indoor heat doesn’t help matters. There are a few things you can do to prevent dull, dry skin and give you that beautiful glow.
- Find a daily routine and stick to it. You can purchase the most expensive skin care products around, but if you don’t stick to using them every day, then you are just wasting your money. Wash your face with a non-drying cleanser every night before bed and again after you wake up. Adding a gentle exfoliant daily will also help to rid your skin of the dull skin cells.
- Following cleansing your face, apply a good moisturizer. During the day, use a good moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30. In the evenings, opt for a rich moisturizer or serum that is suited to your specific skin type needs.
- Treat yourself to a mini home spa once a week by giving yourself a facial. There are many great products on the market or you can make your own concoction. Check out this past blog for one of our favorite oatmeal and honey masks.
- Drink your way to beautiful glowing skin. Dehydration causes more wrinkles than most people realize. In 2015 the Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology performed a study regarding dietary water effects on human skin hydration and biomechanics. The purpose of the study was to determine if the consumption of dietary water was beneficial for the health, especially in dermatological (age preventing) terms was true. They divided 49 females into two groups determined by their daily dietary habits, especially focused on water consumption. Group 1 consumed less than 3,200 mL per day, which is roughly 13.5 cups of water. Group 2 consumed more than the 3,200 mL per day adding 2 L of water a day for one month. The study confirmed that higher water inputs in regular diet might positively affect normal skin physiology. Check out another one of our past blogs about skin hydration from the inside out.
- A beautiful tan will make any skin glow. Tan Unique offers a diverse selection of tanning products and a talented team to help you achieve that perfect tan just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Call or stop by Tan Unique today to get you well on your way to that flawlessly glowing skin.